Rules concerning submission, review and publication of manuscripts
Rules concerning submission, review and publication of manuscripts
1. The journal "Vestnik of the Lobachevsky University of Nizhni Novgorod. Series: Social Sciences" publishes scientific articles in the following branches of science:
08.00.00 –Economic sciences
Economic theory and methodological aspects of economics, modern economic concepts. Theoretical and empirical research of current economic processes, organization and management of enterprises, industry sectors, complexes (in industry and services). Research into processes of the world economy and regional markets, methods for developing regional development strategies. Current problems of accounting, finance and credit. Application of innovative technologies, instrumental methods in economics and modeling of economic processes. Theoretical generalization and introduction of best practices of innovative entrepreneurship, effective business management and its role in the economy's innovative development.
22.00.00 - Sociological sciences
Theoretical reflection and empirical research of modern social processes, transformation of social institutions (labor, education, science, healthcare, family), aspects of social management, problems of economic sociology. Methodological aspects of sociology, modern sociological concepts. Analysis of the categories of social identity, social mobility, resource potential, innovation, social interaction, values and motivations. Problems of social structure and social stratification, social well-being, modern higher education, the realms of the modern Russian family, youth and students.
13.00.00 - Pedagogical sciences
Development of methodological concepts of the content and process of learning the subjects of school and university curricula. Theoretical generalization and introduction of best practices in education and upbringing. Methods, forms, technologies and tools for teaching the basics of science. Training in a multi-level education system, lifelong learning. Innovative technologies in the field of vocational education. Management and organization of the learning and education process, forecasting and determining the structure of training, taking into account the needs of the individuals and of the labor market, society and the state.
2. The journal’s special section "Chronicles of Science" publishes reviews of scientific publications, reports on scientific conferences and other information of interest to the scientific community.
3. The journal publishes materials that have not been previously published and are not intended for simultaneous publication elsewhere. By submitting an article, the author warrants that the material is original and that this material will not be submitted for publication to other scientific journals while it is being considered by the editorial board.
4. The journal will provide information on the published articles to the Russian Science Citation Index within three months from the date of issue.
5. Manuscripts submitted for consideration to the editorial office should be prepared strictly in accordance with the Manuscript Preparation Guidelines. Articles that do not follow the requirements of the Guidelines will not be accepted or reviewed.
6. All manuscripts submitted to the journal are peer reviewed with the focus on the following issues:
lthe article’s compliance with the subject areas of the journal
lgeneral analysis of the article's relevance and its scientific level,
lthe place of the article being reviewed among other works on this topic (making sure that the content of the manuscript does not duplicate other authors' papers or previously published papers of the same author and that quotations are correct)
lcompliance of the methods used by the author and the results of the study with modern science;
lassessment of the article's suitability for publication in terms of language and style; compliance with the guidelines on article preparation.
The journal applies the procedure of single blind reviewfor all articles submitted (the reviewer knowswho the author of the article is, but thenames of the reviewers are hidden from the author).
7. Reviews are kept at the editorial office for three years from the date they were signed by the reviewer.
8. When necessary, the articles will be returned to the authors for revision. Upon revision, the authors must submit to the editorial office a new printout and an updated electronic version of the manuscript.
9. The editorial office will send the author a copy of the review or a reasoned refusal to publish.
10. The editorial office will not discuss the merits and drawbacks of the article and will not engage in other correspondence relating to the materials submitted (whether accepted or not). Submitted materials are transferred to the archive of the editorial office and will not be returned.
11. The journal does not charge authors for publication of their materials. No fees are paid to authors.
12. All the reviewers engaged are recognized experts in the respective fieldsand have had publications on the subject of the article under review during the last 3 years.
13. The editorial office undertakes to send copies of the reviews to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation upon receipt of the relevant request.
DEAR AUTHORS, PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR REVIEWERS WHEN ASSESSING MANUSCRIPTS APPLY THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA (VIEW)
Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
1. General Provisions
1.1. Articles should be written in Russian or in English (in consultation with the editorial office of the journal).
1.2. Primary collection of articles and their review are performed by editorial groups of the editorial office.
Manuscripts should be sent to the editorial office at the following electronic addresses:
Section "Economic Sciences": email@example.com
Section "Sociological Sciences": firstname.lastname@example.org
Section "Pedagogical Sciences": email@example.com
1.3. The package submitted for publication must include the following materials:
-the text of the article (a separate file entitledasfollows: "the name of the first author_text.extension". For example, ivanov_text.doc or ivanov_text.rtf).
-a summary in English, including the title of the article, the name and initials of the authors, their affiliation, abstract and keywords (a separate file entitled as follows: "the name of the first author _eng.extension". For example, ivanov_eng.doc);
- information about the authors in Russian: full name; academic degree; academic title; position indicating the unit and organization as well as the mailing address of the workplace, office phone, mobile phone, e-mail address (a separate file entitled as follows: "the name of the first author_swed.extension". For example, ivanov_swed.doc);
-a letter from the organization submitting the article (a separate file);
- elements of the article: drawings, graphs, tables, and captions (separate files).
2. Rules concerning article presentation
2.1. The total volume of the article should not exceed one author's sheet (40 000 characters), the font should be Times New Roman, font size 12, line spacing 1,5.
2.2.The article should have the following elements and structure:
- The name of the section;
- UDC (the UDC number can be determined using the online resource:http://teacode.com/online/udc/)
- The title of the article;
- Copyright symbol, the year when the article was submitted, the authors (Initials and name);
- Information about the authors: Surname, Name, Patronymic, academic degree, academic title, position, affiliation, e-mail address. If there are several authors, their affiliation is numbered by superscript Arabic numerals.
- The phrases "Received by the editorial office"; "Accepted for publication";
- Abstract of the article in Russian (from 150 to 250 words);
- Keywords and phrases (up to ten);
- The text of the article. The article should be structured, i.e. it should include sections (thematic blocks) whose titles concisely and accurately reflect the content. For example: Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion (see the example of the article structure)
- Notes * (start with a new page);
- References (start with a new page).
Additional elements of the article:
- Tables (a separate file, there can be several tables on one page);
- Figures of good quality (a separate file, each on a separate page), in special cases, it is allowed to use up to 4 color figures (it is necessary to indicate in the captions that they must be colored);
- Captions to figures and photographs (on a separate page);
- The places for tables and figures should be shown in the text (for example: Table 1 → xxxxxxxxxxx).
* These sections are optional.